36mm wide circular silver medal with ornate scrolled swivel ribbon suspension bar with WAZIRISTAN 1894-5 clasp; the face with the crowned head of Queen Victoria facing left, circumscribed ‘VICTORIA REGINA’ and signed ‘W. WYON. R.A.’ (for William Wyon, R.A., 1795-1851, chief engraver at the Royal Mint from 1828 to 1851); the reverse with a standing Victory to the left crowning with laurel a seated classical warrior, a short sword in his right hand, its scabbard in his left, his helmet on the ground, lotus flower and leaves below, signed ‘L.C. WYON.’ (for Leonard Charles Wyon, 1826-1891, eldest son of William Wyon and his successor as chief engraver at the Royal Mint); attributed on the edge in script to 1617 Sepoy Gurditt Singh 14th. Bl. Infy.; on correct ribbon. The medal was instituted on 22 December 1853 after the Second Anglo-Burmese War of 1852 to 1853.