POST WW2 BRITISH CADET OFFICER’S SERVICE MEDAL CAPTAIN J GRIFFITHS
36mm wide circular cupro-nickel medal with scroll and ribbon bar suspension; the face with the head of Queen Elizabeth II facing right and wearing the Tudor crown, circumscribed ‘ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA F.D.’ (Elizabeth II by the Grace of God Queen, Defender of the Faith); the reverse with a hand holding a flaming torch, circumscribed ‘THE CADET FORCES MEDAL’; attributed on the edge to CAPT. J. E. GRIFFITHS; on correct ribbon.
The medal was instituted on 1 February 1950 to be awarded to officers and uniformed adult instructors in recognition of long service of proved capacity in the Cadet Forces with twelve years’ reckonable service being required for award of the medal. This example with the Queen wearing the Tudor crown but without ‘BR.OMN.’ in the circumscription of the face dates from the period 1954 to 1980.
|Dimensions||10 × 6 × 3 cm|