WW2 GERMAN LUFTWAFFE PARACHUTE QUALIFICATION CLOTH BADGE. MACHINE COTTON STICHED ONTO BLUE LUFTWAFFE WOOL BASE. WORN ON THE FLIEGERBLUSE IN LIEU OF THE METAL AWARD BADGE.
The Paratrooper’s qualification badge was instituted by Hermann Göring on November 5TH 1936 for award to Luftwaffe personnel who had written the required tests and completed six parachute jumps. Individuals who were awarded the badge were obligated to requalify annually in order to retain it. On May 2ND 1944 award of the badge was extended to include Luftwaffe medical, administrative and legal personnel who had passed the required tests and completed one parachute jump. As with most other Luftwaffe qualification badges a cloth version of the paratroopers badge was authorized for wear on the flight blouse with a machine embroidered pattern for EM/NCO’s and a hand embroidered pattern for Officers.